In 1939 it may have been all about Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers, but in 2014, it’s all about Dorothy’s Ruby Red Lips. Here’s how to recreate this ‘Fairytale of Fashion’ look from #SAFW2014.
This is a high-shine, high pigment lip gloss. As it is there to last (and believe me it does!) it is important to apply in as few, swift strokes as possible to avoid it staining the skin.
- Apply your base – I’ve used foundation, concealer and setting powder, then wipe your lip area clean with a makeup wipe.
- Use the tip of the wand to create a lipliner. In one swift movement draw a line just inside the edge of your lip from the outer corner to the cupids bow on both sides and repeat on the bottom lip.
- If you make an error and it goes onto the skin be sure to wipe clean, fix your base, set and start again – practice makes perfect!
- Fill in the lips within the line, Vinyl Lip Gloss is very gooey so you wont need to keep loading the wand with product.
- Check the line and fill in any gaps. If at this point there are any errors then tidy them up with foundation on a small lip liner brush working around the outside of the lip.
- Go out and turn some heads with your beautifully glossy ruby red lips!
Check out how to apply a dewy cheek colour a la Sleeping Beauty…